I’m Not Old I’m Mid Century Modern
That’s my motto and I’m sticking to it. I am sure many of you who landed here can relate. I say this in the most positive of ways. Even though getting older comes with some challenges it also comes with many rewards. I will give a few of my own examples.
- I don’t sweat the small stuff like I used to. In other words, I don’t over analyze what I say, or what other’s say. Especially given today’s current state of circumstances. At the end of the day you have to live with you, your mind and your personal actions. As they say, just be a good human for whatever that means to you personally.
2. Dance as though no one is watching! Seriously. If you don’t have an Alexa I would highly recommend one. At any given time during the day, if I am feeling a little off, I ask Alexa to play my favorite 80’s tune. I then bust a groove on and get my heart rate up. It really is rejuvenating. I admit I have to watch I don’t bust a hip HA! But yes, dance your heart away and enjoy the memories of your favorite 70’s or 80’s song.
3. Don’t feel bad for saying NO. I mean that in regards to anything. I was a real people pleaser in the past. I always said yes to everything. Whether it be an outing, a gathering, a favor that was an inconvenience at the moment, charity events, etc. Now I do it if I can, or want and that is the end of that. I have no problem just saying NO!
4. Try something new, out of the box, out of your comfort zone, strictly for yourself not because someone asked you to. This has been a big challenge for me personally. One thing I can say is as I grow older I have developed some strange phobias and fears. I think that is attributed to menopause. But with that said, I challenge myself to do something I wouldn’t normally do. For instance, going off-roading with my family! A few years back we were in Aruba and my husband and sons really wanted to do this adventure. I could have easily let them go off on their own and I find something more relaxing to do by myself. I chose to go. I was scared out of my mind as we were bouncing up and down and all around these dirt mountains. Let me tell you, I had the best day of my life and memory our sons will forever remember. Our older son very well may have scars on his hand from me squeezing it so hard LOL!
5. My last thought for the day is. It’s ok to let go of things. When I say things, I mean material things. My husband and I have been collectors of things for over 25 years. We have more than we can ever know what to do with. Our kids don’t want even a half of it. Some things are family treasures that we will hold onto and hope one day they may appreciate. However, many other things are other people’s treasures that hold no sentiment to us at this point. Let it go, it’s ok. Purging and having minimal, yet colorful happy things, including our family and friends, is all you really need.
Thanks for stopping by today. You can find what I call my therapy Etsy shop HERE. Yes, it is filled with stuff, ha that I created and designed. Of course all colorful and make for great gifts and decor for your own home. I even have some cute apparel.
My recent creations are some logo shirts and decor.
I’m Not Old I’m Mid Century Modern t-shirt HERE
Also available in Black HERE
I have a few more goods with this saying on. You can check out my therapy shop for more:)
Have a great day. You can also follow Mid Century Modern Gal on FACEBOOK HERE.