How to make the best Retro Pimiento Cheese Party Dip
Hi there friends! Soon enough it’s party time! I don’t know about you, but I am ready for some Summer party gatherings with friends and family. It’s obviously long over due.
Today I am sharing one of the very best Retro throw back Pimiento Cheese party dips. If you are pressed for time, or just want something a little different this will be your go to party dip. Seriously, it’s just that good.
Some fun facts about Pimiento Cheese. I remember always assuming it was a southern thang. We are originally from Western New York and truthfully I don’t recall this being a big party dip. Chicken wings of course, roast beef on kimmelweck and of course pizza, chips and dip.
It wasn’t until we moved to the South that Pimiento cheese popped up everywhere. There are quite a few variations and most southerners will say y’all have to try this, ours is the best. Pimiento cheese is known for the Pate’ of the South. It was actually first invented in New York in the early 20th century.
This party dip will take you all of about 5 minutes to whip up. Serve with crackers, carrots, celery or any scoop you desire.
You only need but a few ingredients. Sharp Smoked Cheddar cheese is our go-to, mayonnaise, softened cream cheese, cayenne pepper, diced pimientos, salt and pepper.
Down below you will find the print version of this awesome recipe. We hope you enjoy it. Follow me on Facebook HERE and let me know you tried it!
If you are mid modern kind of gal or guy, we also create not your so basic Mid Century Modern Home Goods and More. You can skrt…on over to our Etsy and check it out.
Homemade Retro Pimento Cheese Spread
- 2 cups Shredded Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz. Softened Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Cracked Pepper
- 4-6 oz diced Pimientos You can use fresh or jarred
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Step 1: USING your food processor, blender or Magic Bullet- Combine 2 cups of Smoked Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 3/4 cup of mayo, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt, pinch of Cayenne, 1 teaspoon black pepper and your softened cream cheese.
- Step 2: After all the above is mixed well, remove from mixer and add in pimiento's. You can serve immediately or refrigerate one hour before serving. Serve with your favorite crackers, or veggies. Feel free to make some biscuits and make it a fantastic brunch lunch. Enjoy!